WHO ARE WE
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The personal data that we collect when you visit our Site, register for contests and/or promotions, respond to communication channels such as e-mail and register or subscribe to our Services, may include the following:
- Information you provide to Akunabuds – we collect data that you choose to provide to us when filling out forms on our Site, by corresponding with us, when subscribing to our newsletter or promotional activities or when filling out surveys. Such data includes your name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, geographic region and information about your preferences and interests. This information also includes data about friends and family such as name, address, email address and phone number if you share that information with us, for example when you want to ship products to family and friends and
- Information from third parties – Sometimes the Site may permit interactions with third-party websites. This enables you to “like” a product or “share” content to third-party websites. In doing so, the information (i.e. that you “like” a certain product) will become public and the third-party website (like Facebook) will have access to this information. In addition, we may receive data about you if other users of a third-party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections”, or if information about you is otherwise accessible through your connection’s social networking page.
Unless otherwise specified above, the provision of the above personal data is not required: you do not have to provide us your personal data and we will not automatically collect information if you reject or switch oﬀ our cookies. However, we may not be able to provide the Services you request from us without your personal data. For example, we are unable to deliver the products that you ordered or to enroll you in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions without your personal data.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your personal data for the purposes described below and on the following lawful bases:
- For the performance of our agreement with you – In order to manage and handle your purchases, to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest), to administer and facilitate you to enter into a contest, promotion, survey or other Site
- For our legitimate interests as a business when those interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms – Our legitimate interests to analyse visits to and use of the Site to improve and develop our products and Services; to generate aggregate statistics on Site use in order to deliver the type of content, features and promotions that you like the most; to ensure the security of our Services; to prevent fraud, hacking, cheats and spamming; and to facilitate our response to legal processes (e.g., a court order, warrant or subpoena).
- Based on your consent – We use your personal data based on your consent when you sign up to receiving our marketing communications through our Site or otherwise expressly consent to the use of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting-out by following the opt-out instructions in the relevant marketing communication.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We do not share your personal data other than described in this paragraph:
- Website hosting partners and processors – We engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and aﬃliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, online stores (including payment processors and third parties we use for sending your orders to your home address), Services (e.g., technical support), as well as related oﬄine product support services, data storage and other
- Third parties in case of legal requirement – We will also disclose your personal data if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe necessary or appropriate to disclose personal data to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law or breaches of security; to respond to any claims against us; and, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Akunabuds, our customers, or the
- Third parties with consent – We will also disclose information about you, including personal data to any other third parties, where you have expressly consented or requested that we do
- Third parties in case of a corporate transaction – In addition, your personal data may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of Akunabud’s assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar
- Third party company communications – From time to time, Akunabuds may participate in marketing initiatives that include websites “powered by” another company on behalf of Akunabuds. As part of these initiatives, certain Akunabuds services and marketing communications may be delivered at the same time as those from other companies. Some of these services and communications oﬀer you the option to share personal data with both Akunabuds and the other companies participating in these initiatives. For example, you may receive marketing communications from Akunabuds and other companies or have the opportunity to register online for products or services, such as software or apps
In order to protect your personal data we have implemented various security measures. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people, who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential. Please keep in mind that no website or internet transmission is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal data safe, such as closing your web browser when finished using the Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our online Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 years old. Therefore, we do not knowingly request or collect personal data from children younger than 13 years of age. If you believe that we may have unintentionally collected personal data from a child under 13, please contact us (see below ‘How to contact us’) so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are at least 13 years of age but under the age of 16, we need the consent of your parent or legal guardian before you give us any personal data about yourself.
We will generally retain the personal data we processed through our Site and Services for as long as it is required for purposes for which the data were collected. Unless we inform you otherwise, this will usually be the period of 3 years after the last interaction with you plus the length of any applicable statutory retention period following such activity.
The Site of Akunabuds and the information collected, are managed and controlled by Akunabuds Inc., 140 Yonge St. TORONTO, ON M5C 1X6, CANADA. The servers that make the Site of Akunabuds available are also located in the USA. If you are located outside the USA or Canada, please note that the information you provide (as described above under “What Personal Data We Collect”) will be transferred to the USA and Canada , where the level of data protection may not be equivalent to the level of protection applicable at your location. Where we are legally required to do so, transfers of personal data to parties outside the EU/EEA may be made pursuant to the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses or other legally acceptable mechanisms that ensure an adequate level of protection. Where applicable, you are entitled to receive a copy of the relevant contract (such as Standard Contractual Clauses or Binding Corporate Rules) showing that appropriate safeguards have been taken to protect your personal data during such transfer.
We will take steps in accordance with applicable legislation to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date. You are entitled to have any inadequate, incomplete or incorrect personal data corrected (that is, rectified). You also have the right to request access to your personal data and to obtain a copy of it as well as additional information about the processing and to request us to erase the personal data we hold about you. The following rights apply in addition to the above to European residents:
- Right to restriction: you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, for example in case we no longer need your personal data in view of the initial purposes but they are required by us for the establishment, exercise of defence of legal
- Right to withdraw consent: in cases where we rely on your consent for using your personal data, you can withdraw such consent at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com.
- Right to lodge a complaint: in case you have a question or complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you could consider to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection
- If you reside in France, you also have the right to issue directives relating to your digital
- Right to object: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data which is based on our legitimate interests. We will no longer process your personal data upon your request, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You may also object to our use of your data for direct marketing purposes. To that end, you may also use the unsubscribe button provided for in every email we send.
- Right to data portability: under circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable
- Right to obtain a copy of personal data safeguards used for transfers outside your location: you can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal data is transferred outside of the European Union. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial
For further information regarding your rights, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com or see section ‘How you can contact us’ for more details. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal data requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable eﬀort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a diﬀerent way.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
- In Canada: Akunabuds, Inc., 140 Yonge Suite 102 TORONTO, ON M5C 1X6, CANADA( Attn: Legal Department)
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THE POLICY